Wednesday, February 29, 2012

NOTD: Zoya Moxie + Rainbow Connection

I picked out Zoya's Moxie from their Valentine's Day promo.  Sad to say, it's not that a color that goes well for me.



Zoya Moxie. 3-coats with topcoat. It's a berry-toned red. A sort of raspberry. Like Zoya Stacy but more berry toned. The formula was a little runny and not butter smooth like most Zoyas.  I do not like.


It's a pretty color but not one I'd go for. It reminds me of the 80s but not in a good way. 

I tried to spruce it up with a coat of OPIs Rainbow Connection.




OPIs Rainbow Connection is from the Muppets Collection is from this past holiday release.  It's a multi-color party glitter in a clear base.  It  has large/small orange, fuchsia, gold, silver, green and baby-blue hex glitter and circle glitter.  That was one coat on my ring finger.  It wasn't rough or gritty at all.  I did a coat of regular top coat to smooth it out. 

Here's a close up of the bottle: 


Rainbow Connection is now discontinued and this bottle was the last one at the beauty supply store.  (The lady was nice enough to get it out of the window display for me!)  Now, Sephora by OPI has a similar party glitter called Spark-tacular.  The glitter pieces are smaller.  I had it in my untrieds forever and I took it back to Sephora so I can get a Nails, Inc.  I like Rainbow Connection better.  I would like to wear this over white.  I do have other confetti glitters that I can compare this to, please remind me to post a comparison.

Also, Nicole by OPI Rainbow in the S-kylie (Kardashian collection) is a dead on dupe as well as Milani Gems both are available at CVS or your local department store.  Swatch and Learn has a good comp. 

On a sidenote, where I live Milani nail polishes are almost as expensive as OPI.  If I'm going to spend $6 on a Milani then I'd rather spend $2 more on an OPI.  I don't get it. 

Have you noticed the price of drugstore makeup is just as expensive as high end makeup? Or do I just live in an expensive-ass area?

Seriously, the eyeliner I wanted was $10 at Walgreens! <c://endrant>

Thanks for reading! 


4 comments:

  1. I have rainbow connection too and love it but removal is SUCH A PAIN! I'll use your foil method next time though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the foil method might take off your nail enhancements, you might want to stick with the scrub like crazy method!

      Delete
  2. I actually really like Milani. I find that most of them to be almost one coaters. I personally like the formula a lot better than the Sally Hansens that get lucky enough to go home with me. :) And around me most of Milanis are $5 at CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this color looks great on you and love using the Muppets to spruce it up. I swear how many zoyas do I have and every time someone posts another one onto the list it goes lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.