Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mardi Gras Inspired Nails

I asked my fans on my Facebook page for any nail art suggestions and one person said Mardi Gras.  It's Mardi Gras this week so why not?  Looking at the images of Mardi Gras there's a lot of boobs booze beads, masquerade masks, sequins, argyle patterns, and purple, green and gold.


Sinful Colors Dream On is the perfect Mardi Gras purple, a neon fuchsia. It's a teeny bit more red in real life.  My camera likes to spaz out trying to capture bright colors.  If you are a fan of purple, definitely pick up this gem at your local drugstore for $2. 


Here's the breakdown of the colors I used: 

Index: 
Purple - Sinful Colors Dream On 
Green - Illamasqua's Kink (tee hee hee) 
Yellow - ChG Happy Go Lucky
The gold strips down the middle are from fibers I tore from Christmas ribbon.  It's a gold holo.

Middle: 
Base was ChG GR8 plus Glitter Gal Silver holo
Dots: ChG -Frostbite & SC Dream On

Ring: 
White - SH Whirlwind Wind
Argyle - SC Dream with plate BM 16
Beaded chain is from Daiso Japan. 

Pinkie: 
Purple - SH Plum Power 
T/C Essie's As Gold as it Gets
Piece glitter is from Hot Topic circa 1998! 


I wanted to make a masquerade mask with dots. Didn't work out. 


I painted my thumb black and topped with Fingerpaints Twisted to represent the confetti mess once the party has ended!  

I like how my index finger turned out and I like how my ring finger turned out.  I don't like this whole composition as one mani.  Here you can pick and choose which design you like! 

Also, after some Google searching I found that the colors have meaning! Purple represents justice, green represents faith and gold represents power.  Cool I did not know! 


Thanks for reading! 

11 comments:

  1. I like it but I understand we are our own worst enemies with ourselves. Maybe not wearing all of them at once might be better? I love the colors and designs and think they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was trying to capture all the themes of Mardi Gras. The colors and the argyle & diamond patterns. There's so much to work with; it's hard to choose one.

      Delete
  2. Looks great to me! I love the way Twisted looks on the black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I like Twisted. It color shifts!

      Delete
  3. Looks great,good colors together...looks like Mardis Gras to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Throughout the day, I liked the mani more!

      Delete
  4. Love this mani, looks awesome! My favs are the pointer, ring finger, and the pinky. So mardi gras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope to go to Mardi Gras one day

      Delete
  5. OMG I love love love this, it is amazing! You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Do they have Mardi Gras in Australia?

      Delete
  6. Yes we have Mardi Gras but it's actually in celebration and recognition of LGBT people. It's a huge celebration held in Sydney (our biggest city) and people go nuts - the costumes and entertainment are crazy good. It's a huge party and for a good cause raising awareness of issues surrounding the LGBT community :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.