Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NOTD: Milani Hi Res

I needed some purple holographic to brighten my day.  Milani Hi Res was apart of my Christmas haul and I was most eager to try it.  This was 3 thin coats with top coat.  It could have used 4.


Hi Res is a lilac light purple with a scattered holographic effect.  It shines better in low light.  This is a shot at night under my porch lamp. 


Artificial lighting. 


The holo particles are slightly larger than other holos but I think it adds more depth and sets it apart from other holos.  The only thing I didn't like about this color is that it's just a tad too light for my skintone.  It needs a drop of darker purple.  I'd like to franken with this later.   

I know it doesn't look like much in the photos but trust me the holo effect is there.  I recorded a quick live shot so you can see. 




My cat says hello. 






4 comments:

  1. So Glam! I love your videos, such a great idea coz photos sometimes don't do a shade justice!

    I also passed on the Liebster Blog Award to you, hope you dont mind! Check out my post at http://hookedbyhollysagemini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous!!! I love!!! The Video really does show the awesomeness of the polish. I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Niesha(skyla91) and @Lizzy O. thank you! Everyone's swatching the Glitter Gal holos which are kinda expensive. Hi-Res is $6 = deal!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.