Monday, January 23, 2012

NOTD: Chanel Graphite plus rockin' shorties!

It's so nice to find a nice color to wear after a nail hack!  This is Chanel Graphite from the 2011 fall collection.  It was in the same release as Peridot.



Chanel Graphite is a dirty gunmetal metallic foil with intense gold and silver shimmer. This was 2-coats with topcoat. I didn't have any issues with application or dry time.  In low light, it's a more grey gunmetal color.  In the sun, the gold greenish shimmer stands out. 



Revlon had a close dupe to this called Carbonite. I was unable to find it in stores.  I also tried to frankendupe Graphite.  This was the result: 



Close but not 100%.  At first glance, you couldn't tell them apart.  The franken needed more gold shimmer/foil aspect.  

If you're interested in the frankendupe recipe, please let me know. 

Availability?  
This was a limited edition fall 2011 release.  I do not think it's still in stores but can be found online.  I purchased this from the Chanel counter.  

Random bonus embarrassing factoid about me: 

About 10 years ago, I accidentally stabbed myself with a mechanical pencil.  So I will forever have a piece of Graphite stuck in my pinkie.  See that dark sliver. 



3 comments:

  1. Cool war wound! I love this polish, it is glorious in it's understated bling-ness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah the graphite would drive me nuts! I get so ridiculously anal retentive about stuff lol. Love the polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have a way to dig it out. As an artist, I can appreciate a piece of pencil lead stuck in me.

      Delete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.