Monday, January 30, 2012

Glitter Gal 3D Silver Holo Swatches, Review plus Silver Holo Comps

I ordered Glitter Gal 3D Silver Holo a couple of weeks ago when I saw various swatches pop up all over the blogosphere. I chose the silver holo due to the fact it can be layered over any polish to create the holo effect for that color.






Glitter Gal 3D Silver holo is very sheer.  This was 2-coats with no top coat.  It could have used three but I wanted to save on polish.  To save on polish, I'd advise layering it over a silver chrome or white.  I had no issues with application or dry time with this polish.  My only peeve with this polish is its size.  The bottle is very small, the size of a mini. 

Here's how it compares to China Glaze's OMG. 


Index & Middle: Glitter Gal 3D Silver Holo.  Ring & Pinkie: China Glaze OMG. 



Both have the linear holo effect. OMG has more of a silver pigment in it.  Glitter Gal has a more pronounced holo effect. 

Here's OMG by itself: 


Don't ask where I bought it and how much I paid for it.  I'm not saying! 

Here's some other more widely available silver holographics in my collection: 


From left to right:  Glitter Gal 3D silver holo, ChG OMG, OPI DS Coronation, Milani 3D Holographic HD, Color Club Worth the Risque. 


Index: 3-Coats of OPI DS Coronation, Middle: 3-Coats of Milani HD, 3-Coats of Color Club Worth the Risque, and Pinkie random holo glitter polish. 



OPI and Milani are nearly identical. They have a scattered holo effect. They shine more in sunlight obviously. HD shines a little bit more predominantly than Coronation. Worth the Risque was a dud.  I think there's different versions of this and I got the less holo version.

Availability?

Glitter Gal 3D Silver Holo - can be purchased for Llarowe or from their Australian site, http://www.glittergal.com.au/

OPI DS Coronation - I purchased this when I was on vacation overseas. It can be found on eBay for reasonable prices.

Milani 3D Holographic HD - can be found in the Milani display at CVS or Milani.com. These are $6.

Color Club Worth the Risque - can still be found through most etailers or eBay. The holo effect is barely visible. I would not recommend.

China Glaze OMG - the OMG collection has been discontinued for 3 or 4 years now. These can found on eBay for outrageous prices.  If you really need a silver holo, buy the Glitter Gal one and layer it over a silver chrome or the Milani version.  

How do you feel about holographic polishes?  Do you have any in your collection? 



2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I love the comparisons. Thanks for this. I do not currently own any of these, but I will be on the look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post I won OMG a while back and Worth The Risque is a dud for me.):

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.