Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Flakies continued - Nubar's 2010

The other flakie topcoat I own is Nubar's 2010.  It was an anniversary release to commemorate their 10 years in business.  I don't own many Nubar polishes but the ones I do have I love.  Nubar is also Big 3 Free and cruelty free.


2010 is your standard green-orange flash which you find a lot with some glitter topcoats.  Many dupes exist for this including Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure (old version), Gosh Rainbow and Essie's Shine of the Times.  The Essie version might be easier to find because I've seen it in drugstores and it's their most recent release. 


I swatched 2-coats over white with no top coat.  Application was fine, dry time was a little slow.


It looks like freshly fallen snow! 

I purchased this on Amazon or you can buy off their website. It's still widely available. I couldn't honestly tell you where to buy this in stores except maybe The Painted Nail  salon which I hope to visit one day!

Obviously this color pops out more depending on what color it's layered over.  If you'd like to see a different color combo, please let me know. 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Love how u did this over white...different to the black everyone else is doing gives a different perspective on the polish - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx! I like it! It's subtle but still has sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Nubar 2010. I've been using this flakie since March of last year and nothing compares really.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.