Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012's Most Swoon-Worthy Nail Polish Trends

I have partnered up with Holly over at Hooked! and some other lovely nail bloggers to talk about the 2012 nail polish trends for Spring listed on Refinery 29.  We're not necessarily talking about the upcoming releases; however, this is our interpretation of the trends listed using polishes from our own collection.  These polishes are readily available and can be found at most retailers.  I was asked to talk about Pistachio green and glitter mix.




China Glaze’s Re-Fresh Mint

The closest pistachio color I have in my stash is China Glaze's Re-Fresh Mint.  An oldie but a goodie!  It's from the 2010 Up and Away release. The application was a little streaky and it took 3-coats for full capacity. I used a coat of topcoat to smooth it out.  If you have a chance, please pick up this amazing polish.  I'm glad to see soft greens making a come back this season. 






The glitter I chose is NYX Girls Spot Light. A holo hex glitter with small holographic glitter in a clear base.  This is 1-coat with top coat.  I've layered it over Wet N' Wild's Disturbia because glitter such as this are meant for layering.  It's a dupe for China Glaze's Techno (featured in the article) which will be re-released with the upcoming ElectroPop collection.  I found this polish on an old dusty hunt and it had completely thickened.  I restored it with one drop of polish restore and a good shake!  Good as new!

As always to prevent nail damage, please use the foil method for glitter removal. 


Also, please be sure to read and follow the other awesome bloggers who participated: 

Nails like Lace http://nailsbyscarslikelace.blogspot.com/ Tangerine
Pretty Purple http://www.prettypurplepolish.com/ The New Blues
Art Evolve http://artevolve.blogspot.com/ Sophisticated Pastels
Polish Obsession http://marijonails.blogspot.com/ Fierce Fuschia
Polish & Charms http://polishandcharms.blogspot.com/ Modern Neon

Thanks for reading! 

Which trends are you looking forward to this Spring?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've gone through phases of buying neons, greens, nudes, tangerine. Blues, glitters and fuschia's I have a couple but not totally my thing...this may now have to change LOL. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have those too! My go-to colors are what I can wear to the office. Obviously wearing neons, tangerine, blues, glitters & fuchsia are out of the question! Thanks for the collaboration. It couldn't be possible w/o you!

      Delete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.