Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rihanna "You da one" nails + tutorial

I am currently trying to swatch some of my top polish picks from 2011.  I have previous photos but they are unusable.  Here's a quick tutorial I did where I show how to replicate Rihanna's nails from her latest music video "You da one."  I know it's rather easy but I felt it might help someone who'd like to try it but didn't know where to start.

(Click to see video. Nail shots are within the first 10 secs.)
(Painted my thumb b/c I didn't want to remove my snowmen!)

(Matte look with Essie's Matte About You. I think matte would look cooler.)



Whether or not you like Rihanna but if you're familiar with her, she has some really cool nails and style.  I know other nail bloggers have commented on them.  *sigh* Wouldn't it be nice to have your own personal manicurist?!

Thanks for reading.

Also, I sat and brainstormed some Valentines day manicure ideas.  If you have any input, please let me know! I plan to film them as tutorials.



3 comments:

  1. I like this style, especially with the matte top coat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so sleek, I'd like to try it with a neon base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx! It would look good with a neon. Like a neon yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.