Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Holiday Nails?!?!

Yup, I'm going to do Christmas nails until the end.  Last year, I didn't get to do any holiday themed nails so this year I'm going all out!  I'm trying to get the most out of the reds and greens in my collection.

Here's my latest creation:

(I had a revelation about how to better light my photos! Eureka!)
Zoya Apple - this is from the Sunshine summer collection. It's sat untried until now. :( I'd like to swatch those and post them as my top polishes for 2011.  Apple is a  green-yellow glass flecked polish with gold shimmer.  It's the exact color of the little green lizards I so very much adore.  The red is Sally Hansen's Red Carpet and the sponging is with SH White On.  

I stamped the mistletoe design from BM14 in Konad s/p red to make it a poinsettia design.  The dots were made with a dotting tool.  The blobs on my ring finger are a failed star stamp from a fauxnad plate.  The designs are etched too small and shallow. None picked up. Oh well...


(White Poinsettia)

My right hand. Stamping always turns out better on my right hand for some reason. 

On a side note, I'd like to thank my right thumb nail for getting her act together and stopped peeling and breaking! It only took 4 months to grow out. **thanks silk wraps**

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions? Disrespectful comments will be promptly deleted. Please leave your spam links elsewhere. Any further questions, please email me.